Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo: 7 hours, 54 minutes, and 48 seconds left (and counting down.)

  Aagh! NaNoWriMo is almost upon us!!! I'm both thrilled and totally freaked out. :)

  I know what some of you are saying, "What is NaNoWriMo and what's the big deal??"

  NaNoWriMo stands for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth. The challenge is to start writing a novel on Nov. 1st and have 50,000 words by Nov. 30th.

   Crazy, huh?

   Right up my alley.

   People all around the globe have caught the literary fever since 1999. And I'm joining the ranks for the first time!

   If you write every single one of those 30 days, you have to turn out 1,667 words a day to win. I hope to come to at least an average of 2,000 a day.

   I know this is a very late invitation, but if you've had a novel idea cooking for awhile and just need to get it out, or if you think you'll have enough free time on your hands this coming month, or whatever, maybe you are just curious and want to check it out, the site is nanowrimo.org

   For the rest of you.... I'll be loosely chronicling my November Adventure here at CQC, so expect this coming month to be filled with writing tips, advice, epic blunders, and more!

   I'll give y'all a synopsis and the working title of my novel tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lainie said...

I'll practice pretending I'm not actually your mother and say, "Good job! Go for it!!"

I will not say, "I hope you get your school work done and sleep a little."
;)

<3 you