Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Give thanks to the Lord of lords...

... For his lovingkindness is everlasting. Ps. 136:3





This:


This is a turkey. Turkeys have somehow become the Thanksgiving Mascot. Don't ask me how.


And this:


This... this is corn. The Pilgrims ate corn on Thanksgiving. Squanto the Indian taught them how to plant corn.

Your point, Abby?

Okay, sorry, bit of Thanksgiving randomness there. (those of you who I know are laughing out loud right now-- I can hear you :P)

Anyway...

You know, I have so much to be thankful for, and it's hard to not take everything I have for granted.

It's also hard to keep my eyes upward with so much around me.

We see it so much in the Old Testament... when there was abundance, the children of Israel forgot the Lord. They forgot who gave it to them; they began to love His blessings instead of Him.

We ought to be thankful, oh so very thankful, for the blessings God has given us. We have *a lot* to be thankful for. That fact that I can eat three meals a day is incredible. The fact that I have running water is amazing. The fact that I have a closet full of clothes is tremendous.

But besides thinking about the things we have, take a minute or two or three to thank God for who He is. He is all-powerful, He is merciful, He is gracious, He is sovereign, He is everlasting, the list goes on and on...

This Thanksgiving, be thankful for the blessings. But don't forget the God who gave them. Love Him first.

Don't forget this either: Christianity is not a religion... it's a relationship. God didn't make it to be a "checklist" of things to do. He wants it to be in constant communication with you. He wants to talk with you. He wants to be with you.

Sometimes, we try and make our walk with Jesus a checklist; sometimes we mess up. But you know what?

The Lord loves us anyway. And I'm so, so thankful.

Give thanks to the Lord of lord, for his lovingkindness is everlasting.


Right below I'm going to list some of things about God that I'm thankful for: whether it's something He has done, or who He is, or anything else about Him.

-He is gracious to me, even when I'm not.

-He's given me a wonderful family, and a roof over my head.

-He is sovereign, and He's in control.

-He's given me the hope of heaven.

-He's given me amazing sisters in Christ who encourage me and help me... on a daily basis.

-He loved me and died for me while I was still a sinner.


What about you? What's the Lord done that you can be thankful for this Thanksgiving?


Well, sorry for the rambling.... all that to say, Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

5 comments:

Amaranthine said...

*this* does not make it bold.

this does.

Squeaks said...

*giggles* Happy Thanksgiving to you Americans XD We *points to self* Canadians have already filled ourselves with Turkey and are prepping our bodies for Christmas XD

I hope you have an awesome day!! God bless :)

Squeaks.

The Director said...

@Amaranthine
I know. It was *funner* to do *this* than that

On second thought... I just might change them all to this


@Squeaks
Haha... too funny! God bless you too :)

~Miss Raquel said...

I love how you write, girl!! :) It just cracks me up! :)

Yes, those are all such good and wonderful things to be thankful for!! My Thanksgiving post is coming tomorrow...and you just about stole what I said :D

*hugs*

The Director said...

@Miss Raquel
What, the stuff about turkey and corn? *snorts*
Thanks girlfriend :)

*hugs back*