Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry, Merry Christmas.



For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, who is Christ the Lord.


I'm sorry. The above verse aside, this is going to be a generally un-festive post.



Starting off with this picture:




You have no idea what I've been through ta-night!
-to quote Mr. Potato, *cough* Cucumber Head.


I finished editing, scoring, and mixing a 7-minute video tonight. Er, this morning.... at least, at this moment it's a quarter to 4am. Please stop gaping and pick your jaw up off the floor ;)

When one has Christmas presents to complete, one must forget the late hours. Heh, heh... the coffee ice cream I had at about 11 certainly helped, though. But it has been a night, let me tell you!

This post is really for my parents. I told them I would give them an Agent Stinky Christmas Special, and here it is. Ta-da!

(Mom-- please don't watch this until we're all ready! No peeking!)

Note: I do realize the scripting error: Isaac was NOT the father of Judah. Jacob was. My bad. Just know I do in fact know the Bible, and that was a complete typo-scripting error. Whoops :P

Here goes...

The Agent Stinky McGuire Christmas Special, with a guest appearance by Andrea Bocelli! Er, um, kinda...

Merry Christmas, Mommy and Daddy. I love you! Enjoy the video.. *goes and hides in embarrassment*









Oh, and here's a message from my mom, recorded several days ago after we showed her some daily's...

...please realize that my immature sounding squealing in the video is not normal. I was making faces at my mom (we make faces at each other all the time :D), thus I was accompanying the faces with weird whiny noises. I just don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about me. I don't normally act like that. However, it would seem less odd and immature if you had seen my face at the same time, but I was holding the camera. Hence, complication. But I digress...

And my mom's voice sounds weird because, well, she was losing her voice. We're all a little on the sick end, at my house, so yeah.... *sniffs*


Be amazed by the power of movie magic.





On a more Biblical/Christmas-y note:

My mom came into my room last night, and shared something mind-blowing she realized. That being, it's interesting that Jesus was born in a cave (that's what stables would have been back then in the Middle East), wrapped in swaddling clothes which, as you probably know, are the cloths used for burial.

I don't know about you, but a person wrapped in grave clothes lying in a cave brings to mind a dead person in a tomb.

On the night of His birth-- He laid in a cave wrapped in swaddling clothes.

He was born to die. 

Let that sink in.

He was born to die.

Even at His birth, it is realized.

Jesus came down to earth and was born so that He could die... He died to give us life.

Pastor Brett talked mentioned the ironies of Christmas yesterday.

 Jesus died to give us life. 

He had an earthly mother so that we could have a Heavenly Father. 

He became poor that we might be rich.

He gave His life for you.

Oh, how He loves us! Praise God. 

Merry Christmas, everyone. Praise God for His never ending love.

Made me think of this song. Totally has nothing to do with the holidays, but I don't think that matters.














5 comments:

Princess of Endor said...

Wow.....the whole 'born to die' thing with the cave everything. That is SO cool!!!!!!!!!!

Ann said...

Great job...The Director. I think that Stinky McGuire should have a stage name for when he sings...some thing italian like..ummm...andreaish Bocelli-ish something:) hhehehehe

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

Hah!!! It looks good. (Though it would be better if it had EFC music...)

Funny... When I was reading the last part of this post the exact same song came to mind before I saw you had included it. Love that song!

Jake said...

O_o That is my favorite worship song...ever. :) Great post! I could not view the videos though... *scratches head*

Jake said...

Okay, I can view them now. :) Excellent video! And the credits...moral support, eh? Very important. :D And the singing ferret...very clever ;) We all literally laughed aloud at that part. XD