Sunday, February 27, 2011

And The King Reigns... at the Oscars!!


Well, well, well-- the Oscars were quite a deal tonight! I didn't even eat dinner until after Best Picture was announced.

It was a pretty gratifying night.

(This is gonna be a short post, I'm sorry. I'll do a longer Oscar post with my very own commentary tomorrow, hopefully, after my Making-Of post {yay!})


And Anne Hathaway kept changing dresses, which was seriously amusing. After every single commercial break, the camera would come back to her and James Franco (who were hosting this year), and she would have a totally different dress on each time. She makes me laugh. 

I didn't realize how funny James Franco was until tonight. For such a hilarious guy, he gets some pretty intense roles! (127 Hours, and The Great Raid, for two.)




Did anybody else watch the Oscars tonight? How'd you feel about the fact that an animated film made it into the list of Best Picture Nominees?? I don't know- I know it's happened- last year with UP, and a while back with Beauty and the Beast-- it seemed strange to me anyhow.

Moving on....

Here's a quick list of the major categories/winners:


Best Picture of the Year:
The King's Speech

(very gratifying... *claps loudly*)


Best Actor in a Leading Role:
Colin Firth (The King's Speech)


Best Actress in a Leading Role:
Natalie Portman (Black Swan)

Best Director:
Tom Hooper (The King's Speech)

Best Original Song:
Toy Story 3 (We Belong Together by Randy Newman)

Best Achievement in Costume Design:
Alice in Wonderland

Best Original Score:
The Social Network


Best Supporting Actor:
Christian Bale (The Fighter)

Best Supporting Actress:
Melissa Leo (The Fighter)

Best Cinematography:
Inception


..... I think I might put a more thorough list in the sidebar later, now that I think about it. 

Anyway.. there's a short Oscar synopsis for you! Did anybody else watch? What did you think??


Well, I'll be back tomorrow! See y'all lovely folks later!

2 comments:

Barriss Offee said...

I only saw the pre-Oscar show on the Red Carpet. Well, only part of it.

That's pretty funny that Anne Hathaway kept changing dresses.

-Barriss :-D

~Miss Raquel said...

SUPER COOL!!!!!! Thanks, friend! We don't get TV connection way up here, so it was fun to read about all who won ;)

*hugs*