Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gettin' Real for a Moment....

Hi all! *jumps around happily*

It has been awfully review-y around here, hasn't it? Awful formal and un-personal.

I hope you weren't getting used to it.

'Cause I'm back!! Live and in person! Kinda.

Hee hee.

(OO)


Anyway, I thought I'd bring y'all up to date on my life.... a dread topic, if I do say so myself. ;)

Today was a great day. Church was beyond awesome: the teaching was just what I needed, and several people were the biggest blessings today, I was almost crying. But I don't think I should bring my skateboard anymore.... it gives people the wrong impression. *grimaces*

Besides that, I've...

-watched too many interviews for my own good. (More on that in a second.)

-watched too many Oscar and BAFTA award videos for my own good.

-read books.

-thought about watching movies.

-worked on my novel. (Excerpts soon, hopefully!!)

-worked on my screenplay. (Ssshhh....)

-listened to the Pearl Harbor soundtrack, Brandon Heath's album, Leaving Eden (LOVE!!) and Owl City :)

-played piano. (I don't play, play. But I play.)

-helped lead worship at church on Sundays. (Violin=very important, apparently.)

-bought minty Mentos.

-ate minty Mentos.

-gone to Borders with a friend, overloaded with gift cards. lol. Oddly enough, I got nothing that I hadn't already read.... (OO)

-skateboarded around the block to accompany unicycling sis. (Keep reading to find out more...)

-prepared for my intermediate foundation ballet exam in exactly a week. Nervous..... ha! But the Oscars are in exactly a week, too..... hm, I'll have to post about that soon....

-played Pente with awesome people. (And... scene!)

-done MORE ballet- Int. Foundation and Grade 6. *faints*

-worked on memorizing the book of James. Still working on Chapter 3... *shudders* Actually, it's really fun, and easier than you would think. I have some more verses to write down from last week, though.

Whew! *falls over*

Now, here's some pictures. Commentary included.

Due to overenthusiastic interview watching, I have not only learned much about the process of filmmaking, but also some lesser-known facts about the actors of The Eagle. *cough*

I've been comparing pictures of Jamie Bell and Woody Allen.



Notice the glasses? Yeah, I guess someone had once told Jamie that he looked like Woody Allen, and he ended up getting these glasses to, "sort of enhance the fact that I might look like a young Woody Allen... which is weird." 


I think it's hilarious.



Okay, enough with that.

Moving on....


I finally bought this book. I probably wouldn't have gotten it, or else had just grabbed any random edition, except the cover stole my heart since the first time I looked at it. 



 The illustrations are to die for.




Ha, and here's a story I probably should have shared long ago.

Last month, my Nana (my mom's mom) bought me a hair curler curling iron. 

I haven't used it yet. But that's beside the point. 

Isn't it so nice, sitting in it's shiny purple case???


 Being fairly new to this type of appliance, I decided to read the instruction booklet.




*double take*

Wh-wh-what?!?!?

Did you see what the booklet said?

Look again.


Never do WHAT?

Now, I know I have a reputation for being super nit-picky when it comes to spelling. My pet peeve, yes.

But surely you can forgive me when I read a professional instruction booklet that says:


"Never use the device with bear feet."


Ah, well, I don't normally keep my bear feet with me, but yeah, I'll definitely make sure I don't use them when I'm curling my hair. Thanks for the warning..... ?

 And while you chuckle (or not?), here's some super-cool Pente pictures...





....which leads me to the highlight of the evening: my baby sister on her unicycle :)

She got the contraption for Christmas, and has taken to it like a flying fish to flying... I mean, a fish to water... or something. Point is: she's really good.

Here's a video I slapped together (literally slapped) from when I filmed her going around our block. I'm sorry for the rattling noise and the shaky camera: I was on my board. It's very difficult to film and board at the same time... I might post a better video soon, but this will have to do for now....anyway, enjoy Charlotte of the Awesomeness!!!

**EDIT: Below is the current, edited, music'ed version, which is much improved from the original.**

**EDIT-EDIT: video is out of commission, check back later :|***

*applause*


Alrighty, well, t.t.f.n., ta ta for now, adios, ciao, see ya, and et cetera!


9 comments:

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

I did it. I commented.

YOU MAKE ME CRACK UP! I'M GOING TO DIE OF TOO MUCH GOOFINESS!!!!! AND IT WILL BE ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!!!!!

(You and your endearing culinary arts...)

Amaranthine said...

xD That was random. :D Love it!

Barriss Offee said...

Bear feet? That's funny. Now I'm curious why you shouldn't use a curling iron with bare feet. Hm...

Awesome post!!

-Barriss :-D

Anonymous said...

Oh man, i better keep my bear feet away form those curling irons.. :P too funny!! That and the comparison pictures of Jamie Bell and Woody Allen made me laugh so much!
I love how random this post was! I'm glad you're back live and in person Director :D
Oh, by the way, are you going into your exam with all girls from other schools? Either way, you'll do so good!

-Bunny Slippers

kreativekoosa said...

Hey Pente buddy....and SCENE! Love this post to tiny bits and pieces. You make my heart smile.
Stacey

Noah Arsenault said...

I watched The Eagle! It was great!!

I also watched I Am Number Four, any thoughts?

The Director said...

@EFC
Don't forget to put my endearing culinary arts on your wall of quotes! :P

@Amaranthine
Hee hee :D

@Barriss
I think it's a precaution so that if you drop the iron, it won't burn your feet.... cause I know people who wear shoes when they curl their hair... dunno, though XD

@Slippers
Hey, I'm glad the glasses pics made you laugh.... they just about killed me :P

@kreativekoosa
<3

@Noah
HI HI HI!!! :D Glad you liked The Eagle!! I want to watch Number Four, it looks good :) How did you like it??

Noah Arsenault said...

I liked it, but it was definitely a teen-oriented film, and the Mogadorians (bad guys) looked like traditional sci-fi alien bad guys. Liking photography as I do, I enjoyed all the good use of lighting and camera themes.

The Director said...

Yeah, I read Christian Answer's and PluggedIns reviews on it :)

Glad you enjoyed it! I'll have to see about going to the theaters again.... ;)