Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, John Williams

I'm going to interrupt the forthcoming Brian Jacques tribute series with a Happy Birthday post to John Williams, composer of a gazillion musical scores, including the Star Wars Saga, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Superman. He turns 79 today. He's a constant inspiration for composers, writers, and filmmakers alike. Some of his scores I've listened to for years, and will always be favorites with me.

Currently, he is scoring an upcoming Star Wars TV series, which is on production.

I just thought, in honor of the great composer, I'd post some of my favorite themes of his. They're all extremely beautiful, and all four songs below have proved to be dependable sources of inspiration for my writing.

Note: I'm not endorsing any of the below movies that the scores belong to, per se. In fact, I've only seen one of the movies mentioned below, and that's Star Wars. So, just enjoy the music. The scores are pretty awesome :)

Happy Birthday, John Williams! Thanks for the music!




P.S. Hey, EFC, how did you feel about this slightly different version of the Jurassic Park themes??






2 comments:

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

I was asked to write a comment... So here. I wrote one. Happy now?



Okay, okay! I approve the music selections.

Barriss Offee said...

Happy birthday Mr. Williams!!! His music is amazing.

-Barriss :-D