Sunday, March 13, 2011

The March Box Office- My Two Cents


Goodness... quite the films coming out this year, wot wot? *momentarily falls into Redwall-hare-ness*

Having been surprised by some positive reviews (from PluggedIn and/or ChristianAnswers) on films I weren't expecting to get such praise, I thought I'd post on the movies that are out/coming out... and point out which ones that I- if I had the luxury of time and money- I would go see. Or at least suggest that other people go see.

Mars Needs Moms

 It got a surprisingly good review over at PluggedIn.com, and even though I deemed it as totally stupid from the trailers, if I had the time I would actually go and take a peek at this one, frankly.

Red Riding Hood

....meh. Don't bother. Unless you're a Twilight fan. But I'm really thinking about ranting about what Hollywood's doing to fairy tales. Hansel and Gretel the Witch Hunters or something, Snow White and the Huntsman, Jack and the Beanstalk and something else awful... ugh..... I can't take it.


I Am Number Four

Haha- me wants to see. Looks awesome. However, methinks I shalt have to wait until it hits the shelves on DVD. (And oh no, no no, don't talk to me about Instant Netlix, unless you want to hear another rant.)

Beastly

Yeesh, can't really say. I personally wouldn't go see it, but I guess it's not that bad judging by the reviews.

Rango

I'd rather just wait and watch the bonus features on the DVD, skip the movie. I mean, I'll see it if I have to, but it's not like it's on the Must-Watch list. The way they made it looks pretty cool, though. I'll have to talk about that one of these Mondays...

However, this is what I did on the way out from the Eagle:


*cough* moving on....

Jane Eyre

If I have the time I will, when it's wide release happens. While I haven't read the book, the casting alone would make me wanna see it. *chokes*

The King's Speech

Yergh, here's just a lot of language... but I would love to see it..... Weinstein Company, please make an edited version!


Hanna


Hm... while I haven't  heard enough about it, I am intrigued. I liked the trailer, and I will definitely look into this one once it is released, though I have a feeling that if I see it at all, it will be on DVD. 


What do you say? Have you been wanting to go see something in theaters, too? What are your thoughts on the above films? 

6 comments:

~Miss Raquel said...

Hmmm...never even heard of Mars Needs Moms. I'll have to look it up...

Neh...I'm not bothering with Lil' Red Riding Hood, either. :P Kinda disappointed that Amanda Seyfried's in it. :(

I am Number Four looks pretty good!!

I cannot WAIT to see Beastly!!!!!!!!! EEP!! :D

Rango...I saw the trailer to it...mmm...I don't know...I wouldn't go see it in theaters, but maybe when it comes out on DVD?

Ooh! I can't wait to see Jane Eyre!! ♥ I've seen two other movie versions of it, and this one looks really promising! You NEED to read the book, girl!!!

Hmm...I've heard a lot of The King's Speech...I'd go see it just because of Colin Firth. :)

Haven't even heard of Hanna...hmm...another one I'll have to look up :)

*HUGS*

Joryn said...

Hmm...mars needs mom's seems semi-promising, but the review at plugged in was surprisingly enthusiastic. I wouldn't go see it in theaters though...

I am kinda disturbed that red riding hood has been twilight-ified I have to admit.

Everytime I see a poster for I am number four i can only think of "I am number five"...see what you've done to me Director? :P

LOVE the picture of you and the Rango sign!! That's another movie I wouldn't see in theaters but might watch it when it's out on dvd...

I kind of agree with you Director, on Jane Eyre *cough*

I'd love to see an edited version of the king's speech too!

And Hanna? Nah...I don't think so...

Amaranthine said...

They actually are rereleasing a PG-13 version of The King's Speech. Yay!

Barriss Offee said...

OOH! I really want to see I am Number Four. I don't know much about The King's Speech, but considering the reviews, I might watch it when they come out with a PG-13 version. As for Little Red Riding Hood, I can't believe they made it into some kind of Twilight monster movie.

-Barriss :-D

Sarah said...

They Twilight-i-fied Red Riding Hood? How so? (Sighs) Do I even want to know?

Yes. I might as well. Then I can sound like I know what I'm talking about when I rant about vampires taking over the world. (They are!)

Of those movies, I will probably see none of them. I still want to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I was going to go see it back in December, but couldn't.

Yeah, that stinks.
-Lady Sarah, Dreadnaught of Berinfell and vampire/wisp hunter extraordinaire

Ashley said...

I want to see Red Riding Hood, I am Number Four, and Beastly, myself. I thought about Rango, but it sounds a wee bit boring story-wise.