Hello? Abby, where did you go??
*raises hand feebly*
Yes, dear friends, I do still live ;) How are you doing?? It's been awhile. :P
I'm still working the kinks out of my Connect the Plot idea, so it will be a eensy bit still before I can post more about it. But in other news, it's been forever since I've done a writing update, so I figured to start off this post, I would ;)
As far as novels go, my still incomplete NaNovel is on the shelf gathering dust. I need time for my brain to clear so I can rack up a game plan for the second half of the story ;)
However, I'm working on a new screenplay, which will be my next film project. It's a-- get this--
a romantic comedy.
I know, I know- me + romantic comedy= unbelievable.
Well, see, I was brainstorming ideas for a new short, and frankly the only one that I liked was a romantic comedy premise that spilled out of my pen unexpectedly. It's about a door-to-door salesman who falls in love with a girl who answers the door. So then for the next week or so, he contrives all these fake sales, just as an excuse to knock on her door. More details, and maybe even a preview of the script coming soon ;)
Besides that, me family and I have watched some pretty awesome films, among them Sergeant York and the 2002 version of Nicholas Nickleby. Awesome movie, if you haven't seen it.... we've been quoting it nonstop. And when I say nonstop, I mean.... nonstop. :P
I'm reading the Arthur Trilogy by Kevin Crossley-Holland. For medieval fans, it's a very good series. I love it. I'm on the very last book, King of the Middle March. I'm also reading Jane Eyre still. Very good book, that.
In news from the outside world (aka media news):
- Last we knew, Saoirse Ronan, who was going to be in Peter Jackson's upcoming film(s) The Hobbit, is out due to other films.
- The Hunger Games tributes have all been cast. See picture below:
(note: after reading several reviews on the final book, Mockingjay, I've began to change my opinion of The Hunger Games. I'm not promoting the books and/or films. I'm just keeping track of them.)
- It is believed that the first Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn trailer will be released by the end of this month. W00T!!! (Thanks to Ted for this information.)
- Forget the film, but I thought this was really, really well-done trailer.
- While the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean film is set to be released this very month, the script for the, get this, fifth film was just recently turned in. Filmmakers are not planning on connecting the upcoming films, but rather each be separate stories. Gah. I still think it's enough already.
Well. There's that for you. :P
Three final things before I head off into the sunset to write my glorious screenplay....
If you're looking for a Star Wars related laugh, that also ties in with very recent, breaking national news, click here.
Click here to get a glimpse of the very, very random videos that I watch all day. I thought it was an amusing video, anyway...... but I'm easily amused. (.......)
And here's a passage of Scripture that has been tumbling around me mind all day:
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord,
All ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness:
Come before His presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord, He is God: it is He that hath made us and not we ourselves;
We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise:
Be thankful unto Him and bless His names.
For the Lord is good, His mercy is everlasting;
And His truth endureth to all generations.