Friday, May 27, 2011

Elves, Romans, and Et. Cetra Notices

 This is a miscellaneous news post, that's all.


  • Peter Jackson confirmed that Orlando Bloom will be returning as Legolas for The Hobbit. To quote Pete: 

"Ten years ago, Orlando Bloom created an iconic character with his portrayal of Legolas. I'm excited to announce today that we'll be revisiting Middle Earth with him once more. I’m thrilled to be working with Orlando again. Funny thing is, I look older—and he doesn’t! I guess that's why he makes such a wonderful elf."


Since he isn't in The Hobbit novel, it'll be fun to speculate where he's going to show up.

  • Heroes of Olympus Book Two will be released this October. I don't know how long that piece of information has been floating around, but I just found out today. Very excited! :D
  • Also, if you were one of the winners of EFC's Crochet Giveaway, please shoot her an email with your address so she can get those prizes to you. It's been a week, y'all, and she's going to choose new winners if she doesn't hear from you! 

'Kay, that's all for now folks. I'll be back later. 

5 comments:

Marian said...

Yay for Legolas! I firmly believe he would've been in the Hobbit, had Tolkien written LOTR first. :)

Seth Skogerboe said...

WHAT?! They released a COVER IMAGE?!?! AAAHH!!! :-D

Eldra said...

I'm just wondering how they'll incorperate Legolas into the plot. Hopefully it's in a natural way, instead of just sticking him in there for all the fangirls to go crazy over. :P But maybe that's just me.

Director - I left you an award on my blog. Feel free to grab it.

Miriam Forster said...

TEN YEARS AGO!?!?!?!?

*falls over in shock*

Suddenly I feel very old.... :)

The Director said...

@Marian
I agree! :D

@Seth
I KNOOOWW!!!! :D :D :D CANNOT WAIT!

@Eldra
I think he'll show up in Mirkwood, since his dad or grandpa or uncle or something is king there.... he'll probably like, kill all the spideres or something, lol. :P

@Miriam
*nods miserably*
I shouldn't feel old under any circumstances, but hearing "ten years ago" made me want to faint too, lol.