Sunday, May 22, 2011

Explore YOUR Novel with this Dangerously Monstrous Writer Tag!!

Okay, so I was tagged with this forever and an age ago. But I hadn't been able to finish it for a looooong time.

Like the title suggests, it's a writer's tag. And it's, like, 75 questions long. Egads.

Read on if you dare.

 1. What’s your word count?
*sighs* Um... 51,821. 

2. How long until you finish?
You seriously think I know the answer to that? Soon, please.

3. If you have finished, how long did it take you?
*coughs* 

4. Do you have an outline? 
YES! Yes, yes, and I'm proud of it. Of course, part two of the novel is a little more vague than part one, but I have a general plan, for sure!!

5. Do you have a plot? 
If I don't then shoot me.  

6. How many words do you typically write a day?
I only pretend to care about my word count because everyone else does. But I couldn't care less about word counts, and I don't pay attention to mine. So don't ask- I don't know. 

7. What was your greatest word count in one day?
Ack... somewhere around 6 or 7 thousand, maybe? NaNo.

8. What was your least impressive word count in one day?
Two words, maybe? None, possibly??

9. What inspired you to write?
Dunno. Just was. 
But, reading, of course. I've always loved to tell stories and create. One day I saw an image, I thought up a plot, and I reached for my pen and paper. I became a writer right about then.
But.... *coughcoughcough* Star Wars *coughcoughcough* was also a big influence for my first novel... oddly enough.  


But this story was inspired by.... um, er..... I don't know. It started out as a screenplay..... *headdesk*

10. Does your novel/story have a theme song?
EFC wrote it. (NOT kidding!!)

11. Assign each of your major characters a theme song.
Okay, they each just got a theme song, and I'll have them sing each one later on in the story, maybe as part of the celebration ceremony. Come back later. 

12. Which character is most like you?
Chance, for sure. William is the runner-up, though.

13. Which character would you most likely be friends with?
If I met them randomly at the point they're in in the story right now? Hm....  probably Tully. (Who doesn't quite exist at the moment, sorry man...)

14. Do you have a Gary-Stu or Mary Sue character?
Say what?

15. Who is your favorite character in your novel?
..... er, Chance? William, maybe?? I love William, I love Chance, I think I love Sir Robert..... 

16. Have your characters ever done something completely unexpected?
Not really. (OO)

17. Have you based any of your novel directly on personal experiences?
Not.... directly..... 

18. Do you believe in plot bunnies?
*headdesk* I still don't know what those are supposed to be.... *moans*

19. Is there magic in your novel/story?
Nah. Dragon?

20. Are any holidays celebrated in your novel/story?
Maybe. They ain't crucial to the story.

21. Does anyone die?
Heck, yeah.

22. How many cups of coffee/tea have you consumed during your writing experience?
Not enough. 

23. What is the latest you have stayed up writing?
*coughs* All nighter? All nighters.....

24. What is the best line?
Um... I still haven't written it yet. XD

25. What is the worst line?
If you mean line of dialog, and by worst you mean the line that sticks out the most, then probably, "I do not wish to hear a tragic love tale from you, Sir." :P

26. Have you dreamed about your novel/story or its characters?
Nah.

27. Does your novel rely heavily on allegory?
Not necessarily. *vague answer*

28. Summarize your novel/story in under fifteen words.
The grandson of St. George discovers his identity and must face his own dragon.

29. Do you love all your characters?
Pretty much! XD

30. Have you done something sadistic or cruel to your characters specifically to increase your word count?
NO!!! Don't talk to me about the stupid word count!!!

31. What was the last thing your main character ate?
Er..... a knuckle sandwich??

32. Describe your main character in three words.
Burdened. Destined. Champion.

33. What would your antagonist dress up as for Halloween?
He's too dignified too dress up as anything. 

34. Does anyone in your story go to a place of worship?
Mm-hm. 

35. How many romantic relationships take place in your novel/story?
A few. 

36. Are there any explosions in your novel/story?
No..... *sobs* :P

37. Is there an apocalypse in your novel/story?
Nope.

38. Does your novel take place in a post-apocalyptic world?
Nuh uh. 

39. Are there zombies, vampires or werewolves in your novel/story?
If you find any in there by accident, let me know so I can cut them out and throw them in a trash heap.

40. Are there witches, wizards or mythological creatures/figures in your novel/story?
Dragons ARE considered mythological, so yeah....

41. Is anyone reincarnated?
I should hope not.

42. Is anyone physically ailed?
I should hope so. 

43. Is anyone mentally ill?
*sighs* Only the writer. 

44. Does anyone have swine flu?
*shakes head*

45. Who has pets in your novel and what are they?
People have dogs. But they aren't important. 

46. Are there angels, demons, or any religious references/figures in your novel/story?
Indeed. 

47. How about political figures? 
Kings, lords, the like. 

48. Is there incessant drinking?
Not incessant, anyway....

49. Are there board games? If so, which ones?
Um... chess? Probably.

50. Are there any dream sequences?
Mm-hm.

51. Is there humor?
I try......

52. Is there tragedy?
Absolutely. 

53. Does anyone have a temper tantrum?
I should write one in! Good idea, tag!

54. How many characters end up single at the end of your novel/story?
Possibly my antagonist's wife. Possibly....

55. Is anyone in your novel/story adopted?
Yes. No. Kind of.

56. Does anyone in your novel/story wear glasses?
Not invented yet.

57. Has your novel/story provided insight about your life?
Not really..... 

58. Your personality?
A tad.

59. Has your novel/story inspired anyone?
Dunno. I hope so. 

60. How many people have asked to read your novel/story?
A few. (I love you guys! Thanks for asking to read my blabberings.)

61. Have you drawn any of your characters?
Yes!!! I drew Chance! :D  It wasn't easy... took me forever. (Tell me in the comments if you want me to post the picture later!) 

62. Has anyone drawn your characters for you?
NOOOOO!!!!!!

63. Does anyone vomit in your novel/story?
Oohh.... if they haven't, they should! *chuckles evilly*

64. Does anyone bleed in your novel/story?
Duhr. 

65. Do any of your characters watch TV?
Not invented yet.  

66. What size shoe does your main character wear?
Too big. Oops, sorry Chance...... dude, your feet are fine!! No, stop.... *runs off to shut Chance up*

67. Do any of the characters in your novel/story use a computer?
Not invented yet. 

68. How would you react if your novel/story was erased entirely?
I would be grateful for the printed copy sitting by my bed. 

69. Did you cry at killing off any of your characters?
Yes.  *sobs* I'm sorry, William.....

70. Did you cheer when killing off one of your characters?
*gasp* No! Never. Absolutely never. 

71. What advice would you give to a fellow writer?
Read the type of books you want your book to be like, if there are any.... if not, just read books, period. Write. Don't take anything too seriously.

72. Describe your ending in three words.
Epic. I hope. 

73. Are there any love triangles, squares, hexagons, etc.?
Nah, not really. 

74. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least stressful, 10 being the most) how does your stress rank?
Either off the chart at a 245897468793, or about a 3. The novel's on the shelf, but I'm getting ready to face the beast again...

75. Was it worth it?
Check back next time, and you'll find out.



Well, if you're still reading then you deserve a chocolate. Or a milkshake. Or a smoothie. Or popcorn. At any rate, something yummy and awesome. 


Thanks for bearing with me. 


I tag anyone who wishes to be tagged.

8 comments:

Marian said...

A "knuckle sandwich"--love it! :D It was fun reading your answers! Maybe I'll do this one, too.

Hannah Joy said...

YES! Please do post the picture of Chance! I'd love to see it, for one.

By the way, love the answers. :)If I had a blog I would do these questions.

Joryn said...

AH! This made me sooooo happy for some reason! :) I'm so glad you finally finished the tag so we can see your awesome answers!

Steph said...

Awesome answers Abby! Made me laugh:) Please post that picture of Chance! Pretty pretty pretty please!!!

Cosette said...

Hehe... I feel bad for your characters. (just kidding)This is awesome!

Megan L. said...

Hello, Abby! I just want to say, I love your blog. We like all the same things -- and you've got a quote from the 2002 Nicholas Nickleby at the top of your page! I love you forever for that! ;-)

...and this is a hilarious questionnaire. Your answers had me laughing frightfully. I want to answer it now, but I don't think I'll be quite so dangerously witty as you...

The Director said...

@Marian
Glad you liked that one! ;) You should totally do it!

@Hannah Joy
I'll see if I can, Hannah! :D

@Joryn
;)

@Steph
Thanks dear; I'll try!

@Cosette
Oh no, darling, you SHOULD feel bad for them! XD

@Megan L.
Aw, thank you so much! And I'm glad you love Nicholas Nicklebly :D Smike is my favorite character.
You should totally do the tag- it's great regardless of wit. I'm glad you think I'm witty.... I try, anyway XD

Seth Skogerboe said...

"Only the writer." Heh. Heh-heh. Muhahahahahaha!!!