Monday, May 16, 2011

My Gosh! First Tintin Poster!!!!!! AAAAHHH!!!






No way! It is SO epic!

I'm actually considering whether 3D will be a good idea.....

Thinking......


...thinking.....

Yeah. It's Pete and Steven. Of course I'm going to see this in 3D!

What do the rest of y'all think? Like the poster???

For the rest of you new to my insanity, this is for the upcoming film The Adventures of Tintin, adapted for film from several old comic books by a Belgian man named Herge, also called The Adventures of Tintin.
There are over twenty books; they've taken four: The Crab with the Golden Claws, The Shooting Star (I'm not sure about that book, actually, but it's rumored), The Secret of the Unicorn, and Red Rackham's Treasure, to make this film.

To the Tintinologists: is Snowy going to talk or not in the film?? The question of the age..... what do you want?

11 comments:

Elanor Lawrence said...

OMGoodness! This is going to be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I kind of love the Tintin comics, so that's pretty cool, and then of course Peter Jackson is amazing. And I see at the bottom that the screenplay was written by STEVEN MOFFAT! I absolutely love him b/c of Doctor Who, so if he wrote this I'm going to love it. Wow. I had never heard about this movie, but it's certainly something I'll have to see. Thanks for mentioning it!

Elanor Lawrence said...

And I just did some research, and Andy Serkis (Gollum, for anyone who doesn't know) is going to be in it, too. Wow. Just, wow.

Georgianna Penn said...

Wow, just wow. I so can't wait. I think the 3D will be awesome! Steven and Pete are my favorite directors of all time, and I had no idea until I saw the poster that Pete was actually involved. That makes me totally thrilled!

~Miss Raquel said...

Okay, I am SOOO going to see that!! oh my word!! WOW!! My bro and I are so excited :) haha

~Miss Raquel said...

Okay, I just searched for this on imdb.com and there was nothing...are you sure it's not a hoax? Someone just pulling our leg :P

The Director said...

Miss Raquel,

Hon, it's coming out in December. It's not a hoax.

Here's some linkage:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983193/

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29355

Hannah Joy said...

Dying...dying...dying...dying.

When is this movie going to be out???????

Joryn said...

I definitely had never heard of tintin until you mentioned it, but I have to say, it looks really cool/fun...and of course it helps that it has some super awesome people working on it :) (Peter Jackson is an AWESOME director!!)

The Director said...

@Elanor Lawrence
It's going to ROCK. Andy Serkis is going to be a fantastic Captain Haddock!

@Georgianna
YES. Steven and Pete together is nothing short of unbelievable. The whole project is like a dream cast/crew everything

@Hannah Joy
December 23 sweetheart :D

@Joryn
Steven's directing is and Pete's producing, but yeah.... and Pete's not the only awesome person.... *chokes* one of the awesome boys are on it too.... XD XD XD

Jake said...

....what IS it?! (OO) But...Peter Jackson...mon favorite director... *sigh* I must find out more. *disappears*

The Director said...

@Jake
My subsequent posts have linkage. Methinks thou wilt become a Tintin fan. You should check your library for the comic books "The Secret of the Unicorn" and "Red Rackham's Treasure." The series is The Adventures of Tintin, by Herge.