Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn FIRST TRAILER


At last. The Tintinologists have been appeased.

Okay, non Tintin fans, I apologize for the overload.

However, breaking news must be given respect.

This was JUST released by Sony Pictures.

I present to you....... the very first Tintin trailer

See teaser trailer after the jump.




I didn't realize until the end of the trailer that Tintin's eyes would have been a question that needed solving-- they are only black dots of ink in the books of course ;) However, I like what they went for.

And we finally see Tintin's face-- I think they did a good job. If you look close, you can see traces of Jamie Bell's face.

Your thoughts??

As well, I heard in an interview that they tried to be pretty neutral with Tintin's accent to avoid upsetting anyone-- a good move in this case-- and I like how it sounded. Jamie is perfect, of course. And you could still tell it was his voice, which I was happy about.

Note: Because this is not technically an animated film, it was all actually shot, using motion capture and blue/green screen. Thus, no need to say that the actors are "voicing" the characters-- treat it like it's live action.

Sorry. I'm a stickler for details like that.......

If anyone was interested in the film and wanted to read more, here's some linkage:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0983193

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventures_of_Tintin:_Secret_of_the_Unicorn (most of this looks accurate)

http://tintinology.poosk.com/

Tintinophiles, comment away please! Share your thoughts on this wonderful thing! :D

5 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

I
Cannot
Wait
For
This
Movie
To
Come
Out

The animation looks incredible! I love the voices! Tintin is perfect and so is Snowy!!! Aaaagh I am so going to have to see this movie in the theater!

Georgianna Penn said...

Um... that looked amazing. I got so excited when I saw Thompson and Thompson, I hadn't even thought about them being in it! Of course they would be though, how could there be Tintin and yet no Thompsons?

I've been wondering how they plan on mixing the books they 're basing it off of together. I don't normally like it when adaptions are done like that, but we'll see what I think of this one. ;)

The Director said...

@Georgianna
I've been speculating and my guess at the adaption process is that it will look nothing like any individual book. I think they'll take the main story of The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure and then throw in the exciting bits from The Crab with the Golden Claws out of context from that book. But I suspect that even the Unicorn part of the plot will be twisted.
But I don't mind-- for once I'm actually excited to see how they're going to present the story. For once I'm interested and excited to see them reinvent a TIntin tale-- I don't want to see a carbon copy of a book for once! XD

Hannah Joy said...

I agree, Director! :) I'm excited whatever they do with that great of animation.

Kerilynn said...

Im really looking forword to it:) I just hope they dont ruin it:P