Sunday, June 19, 2011

Is This A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing??


Your choice.

Voice your opinion in the comments.

{News courtesy of ComingSoon.net}




"The Los Angeles Times' 24 Frames is reporting that Thor Freudenthal (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) has been hired to direct a sequel to Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, with Logan Lerman returning in the title role. The first film, released in 2010 and directed by Chris Columbus, cost about $95 million to make and earned $226 million worldwide.

Columbus will produce the follow-up, written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The newspaper says:

'Riordan's second book, subtitled "The Sea of Monsters," follows Percy and his group of friends as they head to the titular sea to find the mythical Golden Fleece, as well as to free a friend who has been captured there. It's expected, though, that the sequel will draw from other Percy Jackson titles as well as "Sea of Monsters.'"



Assuming you are familiar with Percy Jackson, I shall further assume you have a strong opinion concerning this matter.

Yay or nay, friends??


8 comments:

Josiphine said...

I haven't seen the first movie, and I only read the first book, so I don't have an opinion about it.

However, why in the world would you name your child Thor?

The Director said...

Haha, that's my question too ;) However, a lot of people in the show biz change their names, even though it's mainly actors that do that.
Anyway, yeah, people have been named stranger XD

Jake said...

I read the series. Overall, I think the book and the movie of the first book were about the same, if I had to rate them. So, good news. I liked the movie well enough that I'm looking forward to another.

Noah Arsenault said...

I'd heard that the first movie was horrible for a while before I eventually saw it. Thinking it would be horrible, I was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't too bad. Considering this, I look forward to the second, hoping it follows the book well :)

Amaranthine said...

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Amaranthine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amaranthine said...

So.
The first thing I did was look for backup info to make sure this wasn't an April Fools day joke in June.

Everyone already knows my opinion of the first movie so I'll keep it to myself(this time).

I think the script-writers are changing too? So maybe, just maybe, they can redeem the first movie(a marvelous feat, considering they eliminated most of my favorite characters and removed the main villain completely.)

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.

The Director said...

@Jake
Interesting, Sir Jake. Glad you liked the movie, anyway :]

@Noah
It's nice when you hear something is super duper horrid, and then it's not as bad as you feared, because then you end up liking it. :]

@Amaranthine
.... *sighs*
When will you people learn that I don't post jokes and frauds?? *sighs again* I appreciate your Berean approach, anyway though.
Hee hee. Yeah, hopefully this will be one sequel that passes up it's predecessor.