Friday, July 8, 2011

I Didn't Know I HAD A Bucket List....

Apparently, I do, though.

*chuckles*

There are things I want to do in life. There things I wish I could do. There are things that, when I gaze off into the distance I imagine my future, and with a wistful sigh think, "Someday."

Apparently that's a bucket list.

Which is a list of things you want to do before you die.

I guess that means I'm going to die..... bother. ;)

Anyway.

So I'm here to give you a little peek at my bucket list. Be amused :D

The Director's Bucket List.

or some of it, at least.

(PS I'm not putting things that might seem obvious, like make a movie that gets released in theaters and stuff like that,  because I don't think you put your future-Lord-willing job on a bucket list. Heh.)

Anyway, here goes.

***

visit this place





The land of awesomeness.



*** 

do this and look awesome







***

watch all of these movies in one day



Speaking of which, this is really funny:


***

Meet These People

Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson if'n ye didn't know.


George Lucas (Star Wars)
and Peter Weir , who is of The Truman Show and Master and Commander fame.


Kathryn Bigelow, who was the first and currently only woman to win an Academy Award for Best Director. *applause*

Note that they are all directors. :]

***

hunt with a peregrine falcon



I badly wanted a peregrine falcon after reading "My Side of the Mountain" when I was nine.

Still do.

I don't have to have one of my own, but I would at least like to go hunting with one sometime in my life. 
It would make me very happy.



I love them muchly.


***

go to many castle ruins in England and Wales 


Particularly Tintagel.


***

work on a movie with this guy



Who won a BAFTA (basically British Oscars) Best Actor Award for his very first film...



...I recently saw in this movie...


...is playing a favorite cartoon/comic book character of mine...

Cheers for new stills! XD


...and, let's face it, has one of the best smiles ever.

Not all of his films are, from a God-fearing point of view, very good movies (and I haven't seen too much of his stuff anyway- only three movies). But he's an extremely good actor. 
Like, a really, really good actor. 

Jamie Bell, for it is he, in Defiance


***

see fireflies



 'nuff said.

*** 

play in an orchestra

I love the violin. 

I hate solos.

 Okay, not hate, but I have extreme dislike and become very nervous around them. 

I  like playing in a group, but with people playing different things, you know? 

Like, if everybody's playing the exact same part, what's the point??

(Speaking of, I have a Chamber Strings Recital/Concert tomorrow morning, and a solo before that which I'm very nervous about. Anyway. The chamber stuff is SUPER epic. :)



The problem is, I don't really want to pursue music as a career, and want to devote my time to other things besides orchestra and all that.

So I have created a plot to play in an orchestra without extra complications. Just play a song or two in an orchestra, simple as that. Wanna hear it?

Once, Lord willing, I am an accomplished director making movies, on one of my movies if I have time to spend with the composer while he/she is recording the score, I'm going to totally sit in with the violins for a song.
Hey, Peter Jackson got to get in on the score of The Two Towers, so I figure I'm allowed, too. Right?

:]

That would be a cheesy grin courtesy of moi

***

SO, that's a small but lengthy bit of my bucket list.

What's on yours??

By the way, post about your bucket list on your own blog, and you can get two entries on Polka-Dot's Bucket List Giveaway:


(mandatory entry will be required though- click the icon for the full scoop)

Yeah, yeah, I didn't post about my bucket list just because. Hm.

Anyway, I'll be back soon! Maybe tomorrow with some video from my chamber concert.

ttfn ;)

8 comments:

Jedi~Chick said...

tons of luck on your concert. I share your pain. ;) Except, I'm much more on my own. Apparently the Viola is a rare instrument to play. :P
Also, awesome bucket list!!!!!!!! :D I should do a post on this. :P LOL!

Jake said...

Great list!

Mine would take too long to compose, for I'd have to put a lot of thought into it.

By the way, did you hear the second production video for the Hobbit was released today?! I don't know if you can get on Facebook, but here's the Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150314562706807&oid=141884481557&comments

It's a fantastic video! :D

Nela said...

Awesome list you have here! :)

Hunting with a peregrine falcon sounds pretty neat, and visiting castle ruins in England and Whales sounds intriguing.

You can view some of my items from my bucket list here at this link:
http://desiringgodsdesires.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-bucket-list.html

Take Care!

Ashley said...

Very awesome list! :D I hope you get a chance to do all of those things ^^

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

Um, Abby? I think we need to talk.

I have a problem with multiple things in this post. I think you know of one so I won't even mention it. I also have a huge problem with the fact that you apparently aren't aware that you ARE going to play in my orchestra, and you ARE going to spend time with me when we're recording. Even if it isn't you movie, you are STILL going to be there. Got it? Good.

Everyone's Favorite Composer said...

Ack! I meant your movie, not you movie...

Riah said...

Aww, you've never seen fireflies? We have them all the time!

Polka Dot said...

I love your list. :)