Tuesday, August 23, 2011

*singsong voice* I'm a High Schooler Now! (OY!)


First day of school was yesterday! W00T!

I love the first day of school. It's all introductions and you don't have to do anything strenuous. :D

We've worked out my schedule to finish school at about four.

But because today is the first day of school, I finished before one o'clock :D

Of course, having an epic schoolroom like this doesn't hurt:


Awesome green chair included. 


^ my workspace. It's amazing. So is the blue swivel chair.

Completely new furniture, books, and paint. Oh yeah, and curtains (not pictured).

EPIC.

:D

So after I completed my first day in stunning victory (haha) I finished a video, blogged and baked.

Observe:


Chocolate Toffee Bars with Sprinkles as a Bonus ;)



Followed by my traditional granola bars. (I was tweaking the recipe again. It kind of was a fail.)



The missing corner was eaten by EFC. :D

The kitchen was a mess... XD

And here's some pictures of crazy video work:

(It was a Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle Fanvid)




Those guys are officially the most epicest things ever.



I may be able to post the actual video soon! Look out for that :]



This last pic is EFC watching the work of mine keyboard and mouse and iMovie


I don't know if you can tell, but our computer is magnormous o_O

Anyway, that was my day yesterday.

Being a high schooler ain't so bad thus far.

When do you start school?  (If at all...) Any fun things happen recently?

13 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

School...tomorrow. I'll be in ninth grade! High school for me!

Fun things???? That's right....it *is* the last day of summer...I should be...uh...doing something fun! I'll have to think on that one...:-)

Actually, I wrote a short story that placed (I'm not sure where it placed--I have to go to the awards ceremony this Friday) in the teen writing contest! Woot!

Marian said...

I love your schoolroom/workspace! :) It looks like a nice place to study. Which reminds me, I've got to clean my desk (majorly) before the school year starts... :P Mine starts in the second half of September--I'm a bit spoiled, but it's still too soon for me!

Amaranthine said...

Yay! I'm glad you like highschool! Be forewarned-it's not all blue swivel chairs and manga. :(

~Amaranthine

Amaranthine said...

oh, FYI, this post posted twice. :D

Kylie Bailey said...

Yay!!!! Congrats! I don't start for a little while, but....it sounds pretty fun, although I don't think I'll be getting the room make-over... I guess that didn't come with the My Father's World package, did it??:) Oh well, maybe we could share:P I can't believe it's been three years since we met! We're so big now *I'm crying hysterically :D* Love ya!!
Kylie
blossom-kylie.blogspot.com

Endor said...

I LOVE your school area!!!!!

High school is a LOT of work, but it's also been one of my favorite times. :)

The Director said...

@Hannah Joy
Haha ;D

@Marian
Thanks and good luck cleaning!!

@Amaranthine
There is no manga in high school. There is only manga and anime and iMovie AFTER you finish school an hour early :P
(I actually finished a whole hour early today, and it's the SECOND day of school :D)

@Kylie
Aw, hey! Yeah, you can just come over and share it with me ;) That would be great if we really could..... *sobs*

@Endor
Cool :]

Paul Leavitt said...

So, I'm a little confused, so you're in high school now, but are you going to a public/private school, or are you homeschooled?
Paul
P.S. How are you liking the that version of iMovie? Have you ever tried Final Cut Express?
P.P.S. Go Mac!

The Director said...

Hey there Paul!
Sorry for the confusion, I'm home schooled and have been so since 5th grade :D

I really like the newest iMovie, but I also have Final Cut Express and am going to probably try my next Fanvid on there ;) I haven't had much material to try it out on yet, so I'm still really new to the Final Cut system. (I've been using LiveType more than Final Cut, actually, haha.)
Do you use either/both?

*pumps fist* Macs forever!

Kayla said...

OMgoodness! A swivel chair to do school in? That's super cool that you have an actual school area. I would love to have something like that... though I think I might get kinda distracted. :) Nice pictures of the toffee!

Jake said...

GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH.....

I feel so hungry now. >_>

The Director said...

@Kayla
:]

@Jake
Ack, sorry, I'll send some to you if you'd like ;)

Heather @ Mrs. Southern Bride said...

Oh, those chocolate toffee bars look soooo good!