Monday, September 5, 2011

*staggers in*



*thud*

*thud*

*pulls chair out*

*sighs*

*collapses*

(OO)

.... hello.

I just got home from a crazy weekend at the Young Life resort formerly known as Wildhorse Canyon, renamed Washington Family Ranch, but still called Wildhorse or WaFaRa ;)

You know, this oasis in the middle of the Desert of Nowhere:


Apparently I fell asleep in the back of the car and I guess we've been home for hours............ o_O

Anyway. 

I'm kinda sore from the heels I wore the whole time. I'm kinda sore from the walking everywhere. I'm kinda sore from playing my violin nonstop. I'm kinda sore from skateboarding (but SO worth it!). I'm kinda sore from sitting in funny positions during the sessions. I'm kinda sore from sleeping in weird positions just now.

I'm just kinda sore.

But it was a great weekend.

I'm a little discombobulated so I gonna sign off now. I'll embellish in the later posts, I hope ;) For now it's just good to be back. 

Did YOU do anything this weekend?

10 comments:

Helen said...

I can't believe you are playing the violin before school starts! O_o
I just fiddle around playing star wars and LOTR.

The Director said...

Since when is violin attached to school? Besides, I've already done two weeks of school. :P

Ashley said...

Sounds awesome :D Except the soreness.

I went geocaching Saturday, myself. And got caught up on some stuff. And read 2 or 3 books.

Hannah Joy said...

...
Nothing.

Well, except watched a couple movies. Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars (very fun movie...great soundtrack, great acting.)

Then we watched a Pippi Longstocking movie. Gotta love her...:-)

Sounds like fun! Except the soreness. And violin all day sounds fun too! :-) Violin is the bomb.

Helen-I've been playing Star Wars soundtracks on the violin because my teacher is a total Star Wars geek. :-D Too fun...

Helen said...

@Abby: right now whenever i think of practicing 90 min. everyday for the next year... i faint

@Hannah Joy: That is awesome! I honestly don't think my teacher knows what star wars is! I just play by ear... (i have all the star wars soundtracks on my ipod)

Hannah Joy said...

@Helen,
You rock if you can play by ear. I have to have the sound *and* the sheet music. That's sweet!

Jedi~Chick said...

Wow! Sounds like an amazing time!!!! :) And yay for you playing Violin non-stop!!!! I've been playing Viola nonstop. :P O,O It's been nuts. XD Like, an hour a day playing. I love to play by ear btw. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, I'm learning Pirates of the Caribbean and LOTR....it's awesomesauce. XD
Great post! Rest up and feel better from soreness! ;)

The Director said...

You guys are awesome ;)

@Helen
I was playing for fun, you know. And I definitely DON'T practice 90 minutes a day anyway...... *faints*

@Hannah Joy
Dude too fun!

@JC
Have fun! Those are seriously the best things to play :D

Helen said...

@Abby: well now that I am in a top orchestra, a chamber group, and a soloist it's kinda hard to just practice 30 min. :D

The Director said...

Aha ;)

Is orchestra tied to school, then?