Thursday, November 10, 2011

Something very special is happening right now...


No time to post in depth, but I just had to let y'all know: our little family of five if going to become six in about three hours.

And no, mom's not in labor.

xD

It's been on our hearts to take in someone from a ranch that helps with fatherless families, and people that no one else really wants to take in and help- they help them and provide a safe place for them.

Everyone from the ranch comes to our church.

That's how we met our new 'sister'.

She's 21 years old and doesn't need the ranch anymore- but she DOES need a place to be while adjusting back to 'real life'.

We wanted her home by Thanksgiving, and it turns out that it's time! The Lord does work fast, lemme say...

So- I get to be a little sister for once! *worries* *just kidding*

Anyway, mom's going to pick her up right now and we gotta clean the house and make a welcome home sign :D :D :D

Anyway, see y'all later! Pray for us as we embark on a new epic adventure!


(On an extreme sidenote, Moby Dick is amazing so far. I read maybe four chapters last night. I don't remember how many. Anyway, 'tis a phenomenal book.)

9 comments:

The Musical Dancer said...

Oh wow Abby! That is so cool!

Riah said...

That is awesome!

Hannah Joy said...

E-PIC! I'm so happy for you! I've always wanted to have an adopted sister in some way, shape, or form. That's so awesome! I'm so happy for you and for your new sis! *happy dance*

Amaranthine said...

That's so cool! Congrats! I hope she adjusts well and your family has a GREAT experience :D <3 you :)

Arda said...

That is great!! I will be praying for you all!

Spook said...

Wow, that's fantastic! And a big hats off to you and your family for doing such a wonderful thing - God bless, and I hope your new sister settles in well! Tell her we all say hi! *waves manically*

Miriam Forster said...

Wow, that's pretty amazing! I'll definitely pray for you.

Corey P. said...

Awesome and congratulations! :D

Katie S. said...

Praying, Abby! I cannot think of a more blessed family home for this girl to come home to.