Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Catching Up On Things Related To Christmas, etc......


Merry Late Christmas, y'all! :)

I'm sure you've had your fill of Christmas posts, so I won't give you another ;)

However, here's a couple awesome posts that blessed me:

http://inkslingerblog.wordpress.com/2011/12/25/christmas-2011/

• http://furtherup-and-furtherin.blogspot.com/2011/12/stable.html

• http://teenagewritingrocks.blogspot.com/2011/12/what-is-true-meaning-of-christmas.html

Moving on......

Oh, and if you haven't listened to Jon M.'s Christmas Epic, please do yourself a favor and listen to it right now.


http://jonmmusic.blogspot.com/2011/11/christmas-epic.html

Here's a peek at a few presents I made this year.....

One was for my lil' bro, who loves that one Audiomachine song as much as I do.

He also likes The Clone Wars :)

So, I made him a little video for his iPod......



I think it's pretty cool :P

For Camille, I made an 11-page, 3-part violin arrangement of this hard rock song by Nightwish:




Probably one of the coolest songs ever :]

Anyway, I made it over the course of three days. I worked on Christmas Eve from about 7pm to 5 in the morning, if you count photocopying time.

Yeah.

And then woke up at about 7am Christmas Day.

Me got no sleep.

Here's a few pages of my amateur handiwork:





It's definitely not perfect, but I don't think it's half bad. It was my first time trying something like that ;)

But anyway, me, lil' sis, and Camille are all pretty proficient on the violin, so now we have a trio :D

After church, which was fantastic, we came home for a spurt and then we went to a friend's house for dinner.

I fell asleep.

Bear in mind, I had no more than 2 hours of sleep after working on writing music for about 9 hours straight.

Apparently that warrants a good enough excuse for never-sleeping-Abby to fall asleep in someone else's house.


I think I broke a record.

:P

Anyway...... that was most of the christmas highlights xD

Oh wait-- taking the family to see Tintin at the midnight showing in 3D- that was big present. I forgot xD Thanks Mom and Dad!

Eh...... this was sort of a random, pointless post... sorry o_O

How was your Christmas??

8 comments:

Josiphine said...

Oh, my Christmas was great. My sister was supposed to stay in South America, but some friends surprised her--and us--with a ticket at the last minute. It was pretty awesome, :)

That violin music looks pretty good to me, but that's coming from someone who never understood the violin, ;)

Hannah Joy said...

My Christmas was great! I only got to see TINTIN in the THEATER!!! *happy dance* It was so amazing!!!

My thirst for adventure is most definitely unquenchable thank you very much. Quite like my thirst for Tintin! ;-) Yes, I liked it A LOT.

Other'n that, my Christmas was pretty mellow, which I like. :-D

Farjag said...

OOoh!!! I want that music!! :P I;ve been playing violin for... quite a few years now, and listening to Nightwish for... not so long :) I'll have to try those pages out!

The Director said...

Farjag, do you want me to email you the whole thing? It's a three-violin part though, so maybe if you want I can make a two part or melody only?? Lemme know :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty nice christmas!
I was wondering,how do you make you sheet music? Do you write it ou by hand or something else? :)

-A quiet follwer. :)

The Director said...

@my quiet follower ;)
I actually used a program online called noteflight. (www.noteflight.com)
It's free, but you can also get a membership which will open up more options in sheet music. However, I found a normal account was sufficient for my uses.

The Musical Dancer said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! ...and by the way... I beat your record with 1 hr and 15 min of sleep. My family and I went to church at midnight, and then my little brother, who slept through church, woke us up about 6 AM. O_o

Farjag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.