Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Debut Trailer for THE HOBBIT! (And a poster, too!)


WAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Bagginses and Boffins, please enjoy the very first trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, starring Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, and a thousand other amazing people.... er..... dwarves.

Your viewing experience might be enhanced by imagining my excited and completely unsuppressed screams of delight during this trailer.

Or not.

:)



Expect a trailer analysis in a few days!! :D :D :D

But for now....

Whadddidyathink?!??!?!?!

***

The Hobbit Part I will be released December 14, 2012.

"The Hobbit" follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakensheild. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers.

Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever... Gollum.

Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities... A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.

"An Unexpected Journey" will be followed up by The Hobbit: There and Back Again on December 13, 2013.

The poster (see below) was a mess-up to me. It either looks like a paranormal suspense thriller or the eye of Sauron.

But whatever.

Nothing can wipe the massive grin off my face right now.

Consider me a very, very happy girl.




7 comments:

Marian said...

Don't worry, I'll scream with you! ;D I'm so very excited--I love Bilbo, Thorin, the singing, the sets (everything looks just like it does in LOTR)!!!

Lauren said...

Aaaah!! Oh, the excitement!!!

Josiphine said...

My entire family is squished around the computer...we can't wait to see this!

Ahh!

And I can't believe that Thorin is Richard Armitage!

FinvarraPenn said...

You left out Richard Armitage and Dean O'Gorman!

The Musical Dancer said...

Way to epic!!!! I've already watched it 10,000,0000x and I'm going to watch it again!!

Pathfinder said...

Absolubally amazin, wot? Can't wait to see the movie!

'Slippers said...

Oh my gracious goodness. I died. Four times, because I already watched it four times. WHY must we all wait a whole 'nother year??????