Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ender's Game full cast revealed!


Wow.

For those who know the amazing novel Ender's Game, I have another piece of information for you:

It's being made into a movie.

Check this out: ("stolen" from ComingSoon.net.)

The Ender's Game cast looks to be just about finalized as Variety reports that Harrison Ford, Hailee Steinfeld and Abigail Breslin have officially signed on. Ford will play Colonel Hyram Graff, Steinfeld Petra Arkanian and Breslin Ender's older sister, Valentine Wiggin.

To be directed by Gavin Hood (Tsotsi, X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and based on the novel by Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game is set in Earth's Utopian future and tells the story of a young boy, Ender, a genius strategist, who is drafted by the International Fleet to destroy the alien Formic race.

Ford, Steinfeld and Breslin join Asa Butterfield and Ben Kingsley in leading roles. The supporting cast is now said to include Khylin Rhambo as Dink, Aramis Knight as Bean, Jimmy "Jax" Pinchak as Peter Wiggin, Suraj Parthasarathy as Alai, Conor Carroll as Bernard, Moises Arias as Bonzo, and Brendan Meyer as Stilson.

Ender's Game will go into production early next year in New Orleans, planning a March 15, 2013 release.






















Movie lover AND book lover as I am, I have my two cents:

Asa as Ender: oh YES.

Hailee as Petra: I don't mind. 

Abigail as Valentine: ....cool :)

Kingsley as Mazer: YEAH baby!

Ford as Graff: eh.... Jeff Bridges would have been better methinks....

Everyone else: they look great. I might recast a few, but I'm not picky.

I'm so thrilled.

What about you, oh wonderful people? Speak up! (Especially great people like EaglesWings and Pathfinder- tell me what you think about this state of affairs!)

12 comments:

Pathfinder said...

Bean: good, if they can make him look young enough. (Love that name)

Dink: fine, I suppose. I never really had a clear mental image of Dink.

Graff: Harrison Ford? As Graff? No. No. He's not big enough, and just not Graff's type...

Ender: Asa looks like a young Mordred...

Peter: should have medium brown hair and eyes...

Alai: If he's the one next to Peter in the picture, then absolutely! Perfect.

Bernard: Hmm...maybe...

Bonzo: That could work

Stilson: Yes.

Valentine: She'll be fine if she has dark hair for the movie

Petra: yes. That'll be good.

Mazer: Harrison Ford would have been good for this role, but I guess Kingsley might be alright...

The Director said...

PF- huh, yeah....... I'm agreeing with you on some of that....

And Asa played young Mordred in the TV series Merlin, btw ;)

Jake said...

Interesting. I still need to read the book :)

Eagles Wings said...

I think my favorite is the actor for Ender. Not who I would've picked, but I think he'll be good.

Valentine: Eh. Its okay.

I can't say I really like any of them though... They look absolutely nothing like I expected. Especially Petra. O_o But I guess that's how it goes with movies ;)

Christopher said...

@Director Have you watched Merlin? I'm in love with that show.

Also, I went to see Tintin with my family. It was a litte too intense for my 6 year old brother, but I liked it all the same. Pacing was off a bit though. Especially at the beginning.

The Director said...

Oh, yeah Eagles-- Asa Butterfield will be amazing :) Have you seen any of his films? He was in The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, and more recently, Hugo.

Anonymous said...

I love Aramis for "Bean" and Jimmy Jax for "Peter" (if they dye his hair). This movie is going to be awesome.

Follow Peter on Twitter
https://twitter.com/JimmyJaxPinchak

aaricevans said...

Well, its better information for me. So thanks for shared it here.

Pathfinder said...

Director: Well, no wonder I thought that! That's all I can picture him as. What season of Merlin are they on now?

Miriam Forster said...

I'm definitely intrigued. If the do it right, it will be AWESOME.

Midee said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I was so excited to read this!! ASA BUTTERFIELD YAYAYAYYYAYYYY
Oh my gosh I read this book last summer and loved it, adored Ender, and now cannot wait for it to be released in film! This book is incredibly genius. Thanks so much for this post. March 2013...I will be studying abroad. Hope Europe releases it ;)

Chris said...

@Pathfinder I know I'm not Director, but I am a Merlin fanatic so I might as well answer the question. Season 4 just finished up airing on BBC. It's about to begin airing on Sy-Fy here in the US on January 6th or 8th, I can't remember. All the seasons up to 4 are available on Netflix Instant Play for free. They are also available on iTunes for 1.29 each. Season 4 will go on iTunes probably some time in mid-April. Same for Netflix.