Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Promised Epic Post :)


So.

Mom and I went over to the local shopping center after my dentist appointment. 

We went to FedEx Kinkos.... into which I brought an unsuspecting piece of paper.

And handed it to the guy with the machine. 



Well, my goodness, what is that?


That's the original, 81/2 by 11 map on the right. 



Sis and I pinned it up on my wall just now.

Yep.

My map of Dantere's world. 

It's a land called Verria.

In the world of Ilsweth. 

And it's on my wall above my bed.

And it's HUGE!!!



Yeah.

It's insanely awesome. 

I had been sticking some of my writing stuff up on the wall anyway, recently. 

You can see chunks of notes and that sketch of my characters (it's a photocopy) underneath the map.

I also bough neon index cards and sharpies at Staples while we were out so I can outline my various plots (for Dantere AND probably other things like scripts) and have them out somewhere that I can see them all the time. 

It is very epic.

My writing is taking over my room. 

I like it that way :)



^ I'm wondering whether I should put more writing-related drawings and stuff up on that wall or stick one or two of my Lord of the Rings posters up instead. (My posters are pretty huge, and epic...)

Anyway.

If I put the posters up I'll blog it :D

Oh, and since I was in my room snapping pictures, here's one of my prized possession:


Eh heh heh.

I was deliriously mumbling "The Giant's Drink.... Giant's Drink...... Graff...... zero gravity..." last night.

Oh well.

That's the price of reading right before bed when bedtime is like, 3am. (I didn't say that, by the way.)

Gimme a break though, I was reorganizing my room to make space for the new presents :P

So......

What's up with all of you?? (And who doesn't think a giftcard to Kinkos/FedEx Office isn't a great idea now??)

:D

9 comments:

Eve said...

CONGRATS!!! That's so exciting!

Hannah Joy said...

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!!!! SO SO SO SO COOL! In the words of Syndrome off the Incredibles, "I'm still geekin' out about it!" And I envy you if you have LOTR posters. I envy you greatly. Right now, my walls seem pretty bare. I have a calender (MAF--by the way, have you heard of them? Mission Aviation Fellowship. They're a really cool organization.), a painting I did last year (getting a little old...), and my third place certificate for a writing contest. Anyway, your wall is epic. *goes to redecorate room*

...

I can't get over the epicness. Seriously. That is so awesome!

*goes to draw a map of all the worlds I've created*

You know...I really should go do all those things. Oh bummer, it's dinner time. Bye!

Corey P. said...

AwEsOmE. ;)

The Musical Dancer said...

I agree with Hannah...*goes over to desk and starts drawing map*...even if there is no story behind it...

Georgianna Penn said...

That's awesome! I have a map of my fantasy world, but I made it as a graphic in photoshop. I can't draw to save my life. :P Anyway, I use it as my desktop wallpaper when I'm really getting into that novel. It's pretty cool.

Georgianna Penn said...

That's awesome! I have a map of my fantasy world, but I made it as a graphic in photoshop. I can't draw to save my life. :P Anyway, I use it as my desktop wallpaper when I'm really getting into that novel. It's pretty cool.

Endor said...

I have that shirt!!!!!!!!!

Katie S. said...

I am extremely jealous of your artistic talent right now. That map is awesome. And Epic. There are no other words.

The Director said...

*smile*

Thanks you guys!

And Endor....... that is AWESOME.