Monday, February 27, 2012

Hunger Games Linkage!


Amaranthine wrote a very, very thoughtful and totally true post on The Hunger Games. What with the dilemma of traumatized people, but the tempting lure of the movies, a believer can't help but question what is right and what is wrong here. And what choice to make.

Naturally, whether or not you read/watch The Hunger Games or not is a non-essential ;)

But still.

Read this post. 







Oh, and Lauren's post is also very convicting. Check it out :]

Lord bless, y'all :)

3 comments:

Samantha Wolfe said...

I have to say I agree 100% with this. I loved the series, and having walked into it with a christian perspective, I really enjoyed it. Yes, there were parts that were gruesome, I'll admit, but if you're mature enough to walk away from it without just having seen that in the series, the book is great. I love books that hold my attention for long after I've finished reading them, and that's what the Hunger Games did for me. If you're really affected by the gore, then you won't be able to get the message as clearly, if at all, so why bother if that's all you'll see in it? Reading the Hunger Games is something not for the faint of heart, though many take it in that way. They walk in with their own individual worldly perspectives and come out numbed to the violence.
Great post :-)

Charley Robson said...

I have to say, I didn't find the violence to be all that bad - nothing you'd expect worse in a Young Adult. But, as it said, if you dont think you can take it, don't read it.

Can't wait for the films!!! :D

Charley Robson said...

I have to say, I didn't find the violence to be all that bad - nothing you'd expect worse in a Young Adult. But, as it said, if you dont think you can take it, don't read it.

Can't wait for the films!!! :D