Thursday, May 17, 2012

And then I wrote.


CUT TO BLACK.



ALEXANDER (VO): (shaky, out of breath) I-I.... I'm not ready to die!


VOICE IN THE DARK (VO): You don't have to. Alexander.


ALEXANDER (VO): Huh?


VOICE IN THE DARK (VO): You don't want to die?


ALEXANDER (VO): No. Not now.


VOICE IN THE DARK (VO): (chuckles) So be it. Welcome to immortality.


ALEXANDER (VO): What?


SMASH CUT TO:


EXT. SIDE OF ROAD - DAY - 20 YEARS LATER


Alex lies there, his face in the dirt on the side of the highway. He opens his eyes slowly, his body stiff. He rolls onto his side and lifts his head.


Stuck into the ground a bit ahead of him is a white cross with a garland of wilting, dead flowers dangling around it. Scrawled into the cross are the names, "Justin and Alex Redding".


Confusion spreads across Alex's face.


ALEXANDER: Dad?

***

Hahha.... yessssssss.

I love screenwriting. Dat's all.

11 comments:

Abby said...

I like it! I can't wait to see more. Th-there *is* more, right?

'Slippers said...

And you're just going to leave us there? No explanation, nothing more to read, that's just it? Mannnn....

Pathfinder said...

I second, Slippers.

Jake P. said...

What do you mean that's all??? I mean, no one loves a good cliffhanger more than I do, but this is just... just... aw, never mind. ;D


Good work, Abby. :D

Em;) said...

Talk about clifffff hanggggerrrr!!!
AHHHH!!!!! Love it:)Favoite name= Alexs!!

Em

Eldra said...

*chokes on drink* Wait, what?! That's it?! No, no, no, no! I must have more.

Dat's all. :P

Charley Robson said...

Squeeeeeeezles, this sounds fascinating!

I finally got back to writing yesterday too, and what a joyful experience it was - albeit I'm working on a prose format, because screenwriting eludes me xD

Hannah Joy said...

Stop making me choke on my pop tart. You simply must write more of this script!

Corey P. said...

This is outrageous. You bait us like that, and then leave us hanging off the edge of the cliff like a bunch of morons? Badly done, Abby. Badly done. ;-)

Kismint said...

Growl.

^ The above states what feelings you have inflicted upon myself.

Woe is me.

(Yes...feel bad for us TeeDee...pity your 'starving and crying out for more' readers... ;) )

...but besides that, I was wondering when our script-a-month entries are due. I mean, I kinda assumed that the "month" in script-a-month would mean that you need the ideas by June 1st, but I thought maybe I should check.

...I didn't miss it, right??

The Director said...

@Kismint
You aren't too late! As long as you submit an idea by the end of the month. So you're good ^_^