Thursday, October 11, 2012

In which I owe all of you a thank-you


Sorry it's been a bit, y'all.

I want to show you guys something. It's a screencap from an email I got yesterday morning.



Yes, oh yes, my friends.

The FOCFF is an international festival, open for 13-18 year olds only. And they have a Short Script category, which meant I could qualify all around. This is the first festival I've ever entered. Crazy, yo.

Anyway, I polished and edited that lovely little piece of work one more time, and submitted it last month. And basically, just found out my piece is a finalist.

The actual festival takes place November 1-3, in Michigan, which is when the final results are announced. I'm invited to attend, but I'll be performing in a play all three of those days. Which is a bummer in some ways, but this in and of itself is cool enough. There'll always be another festival ;) I'm sending a hard copy of the script in my stead, though.

Anyway, the reason why I'm bringing this to your attention, is so I can thank all of you.

Because the only reason I'm a finalist in the first film festival I ever enter, is because of you.

You, my wonderful followers, are the people that humored me with my "Script-A-Month" thing. It was you guys that encouraged me and gave me ideas and were there when I needed inspiration.

In other words, it's all your fault. And I say that in the most grateful way imaginable.

There are a few people in the blogosphere that I need to thank in particular. Those people are:

Stephen, aka Farjag, who gave me the piece of dialogue that cinched the story, and is in the final draft. I'm blaming any awards I happen to get on you, man.

Corey Poff, aka The Ink Slinger, for reading and critiquing. Your input helped so much.

For another blogger, Kid In The Front Row, who took the time to take apart that script and give me the final push to make it tighter and cleaner. You might be pleased to know, I got it down to 15 pages for the final draft.

and also for Charley Robson, Kismint, and Hannah Joy, who all have been vastly encouraging, and whose great comments I tend to go back and re-read a lot. Yeah. Thank you, girls :)

Even if I didn't mention you by name- in a way, you all are a fanbase, but even more than that, all of you are an extension of my family. You're my blog family. And you have all been amazing and sweet and are exactly what I have needed. Even when I'm a slacker and never comment on your blogs, or forget to email you back or... I don't know. I just kinda suck at that kind of stuff a lot.

But this goes out to all of you. A sorry, and a huge thank you.

You guys are the best.

And don't worry, I'll keep you updated on the script stuff. (Also, did anyone feel like having another Idea Pool, or what? Actually, I have some ideas, but that's for another post.... ach, look, here I go, I'm rambling again... )

Alright, well, that's all for now. I'll be back soon. 

21 comments:

Kismint said...

*dancity dancity dances all around the room*

...YESSS!

*hugs*

What else can be said??

Charley Robson said...

MINIONS! BRING ME MY FROLICKING HAT! WE ARE GOING TO PARTAKE IIN LOTS OF DANCING AND CAKE AND HAPPY THINGS IN CELEBRATION OF THIS FEAT OF AWESOMENESS!

MY EXCITEMENT IS GOING TO KILL ME WITH ALL THIS CAPS LOCK! WELL DONE! 8D 8D 8D 8D

Hannah Joy said...

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!! :-D :-D

That is epicly wonderful! Man. Man-o-man. That's GREAT!!!!

I am SO excited for you!!!! :-D

Man, that is totally amazing. :-)

Now excuse me while I go and scream in excitement.:-D

Helen said...

AAAAHHH! My friend is going to be the next future Peter Jackson!!! XD

Can't wait to see you at ballet so I can give you a ginormous hug of congratulations! So proud of you!

Mariah Michelle said...

You're are back! And delighting us with amazing news! That is sso great to hear!!

Eldra said...

YIPPEE!!!! *chucks random muffins and streams into the air* Congrats, my dear! This is spectacular news!! I look forward to your epic post when you win. ;)

Eruantien Nenharma said...

OH MY GOSH! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!

James The Movie Reviewer said...

Wow, that is great. Did you actually post the video for other people to see yet? Also thank you for answering the great mystery of the Ink Slinger's real name.

-James

Jess said...

That is SWEET. (What I can't fathom is that this is the first festival you've entered... When you should have been entering and winning way before.) Good luck to your script, and good luck to you in your play, too. :-)

The Director said...

@everyone
I LOVE YOU ALL.

@James The Movie Reviewer
It's actually a short script submission, it hasn't been shot yet. One of the first drafts is somewhere in my archives under the Script-A-Month tag if you feel like reading it :)

Jack said...

Oh!!!!!!!!!!! This is WONDERFUL!!!! Congratulations!!! How exciting!!!!!! I can't wait to hear how it all goes from here!!!!!!!

Allons-y!!

Rachel Rossano said...

Congrats!!!! :) I am so excited for you!!! :)

Farjag said...

All right!!! I am so excited for you!!!! And so honored that my little contribution is part of it!!!

Three cheers!

Farjag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
reformed squirrel said...

Yay! This is great! Hooray for Miss Director!!!

James The Movie Reviewer said...

@The Director: Sorry about the confussion, I just started follow your blog. :) Thanks for telling me, I will have to go read it.

-James

Jake P. said...

WOW!!! Congrats, Abby! You certainly earned it! :) Keep up the excellent work.

Jenna Blake Morris said...

That is SO exciting! And I'm so happy for you! Huge, huge congrats! (:

Marian said...

Great job!! I'm so happy for you! :)

I tagged you at my blog, too!

'Slippers said...

Wow, I fail at commenting in a timely manner...But, that aside....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! *applause* *confetti* *balloons*

Dude, that's so awesome!!! I'm so excited for you! :D

Lauren said...

This is amazing! Congratulations, and I'm throwing virtual confetti on you. :D