Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Aaand it's 2013 at last


I slept in until 12:30 today and still haven't gotten out of my pajamas.

I spent yesterday with amazing friends watching The Reichenbach Fall and then going to a Prophecy Update at our church. Time very well spent.

I had peppermint fudge after a hearty breakfast and re-read my Christmas letters from the Avengers. My heart is very warm.

The other day I was helping my parents do the bills, and one of the checks receipts was so sketchy, it looked like it read "Angst Waddles."

I have now taken to calling one of my ferrets "Angst Waddles."

Angst Waddles.

As Pathfinder said:
Even Angst has to waddle sometimes.

The day has been crisp and clear and perfect.

I have three different candles lit in my room. For the past three weeks it has smelt like a Christmas bakery in there.

We repainted and rearranged too. I live in a bedchamber of cleanliness and glorious pink.

And candles.

I'm going to listen to techno music and work on a plot for a feature script I'm very excited about.

My 16th birthday is in 10 days. I'm very excited.

I wish I wasn't so picky about cars. For several reasons, one of which cannot be explained and the other I don't care to divulge at the moment, I have actually formulated an opinion about cars and have a dream vehicle.

Laugh all you want, but I sorely desire a '67 Chevrolet Impala.

Then I could learn to be a mechanic and rebuild the engine and all that stuff.

I mean seriously how fun is that.

I have high hopes for 2013. My joy in the Lord had been renewed.

He is good. He is faithful. I am but dust and yet his grace abounds.

It is marvelous.

I think I'm going to consume some more peppermint fudge.

Happy New Year, my dear blogosphere friends. I thank the Lord for all of you.

8 comments:

Padmé Arya Éowyn Istalrí Skywalker said...

Happy New Year!
I didn't get up until 12:30 either...

reformed squirrel said...

I'm very happy you're feeling so wonderfully!

Which ferret is "Angst Waddles?" That's funny!

Woohoo for working on exciting stories!!!!

Hannah Joy said...

*laughs at Angst Waddles for a while*

I wantses Peppermint Fudge.

Really.

Yummy.

That sounds delicious.

And Happy New Year!

Now apparently I'm supposed to be in the room painting it green (I didn't choose that color, I just didn't argue with the sister that did ;-)). So in the immortal words of the Florid Sword, "I must needs flee!"

Jack said...

My friend has a 66 Chevrolet Impala, he would approve of your choice.

Is Pathfinder your sister?

Happy New Years to you!!

Jess said...

@Hannah: Green was a good choice. And it looks spectacular. I pretty much pee my pants with happiness every time I go in there now.

Anyway. Happy new year to you, too, Abby. :-) Peppermint fudge? In the words of Relient K, "Mmm. Delicious." Carwise, I still like Audis but man would I like Tony Stark's gorgeous Acura. Yeah, I dream big. ;-)

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who re-reads certain kinds of letters. (Loki and several other, uh, villains seem to have gotten my address some way or other last year so I had a very interesting Christmas. You should have seen Opal Koboi's letters. They were hysterical.)

Susannah said...

I've missed you!! love this post. God IS faithful, and it is an amazing, beautiful thing. :)

The Director said...

@Jess
OPAL KOBOI?!?!?!
Ok that's it I've seen everything. Omg.

@Jack
In Christ she is! Haha. We chat on Facebook. Unfortunately, we don't live together in real life.

@Squirrel
Sherlock ;)

I love you all!!!!!! :D

Jess said...

You have no idea. I am sending you an email so you can read them and THEN you'll have seen everything.