Friday, July 12, 2013

How To Train Your Dragon 2 - a calm analysis written by a not very calm person

Yeah, I may be 16 1/2. I may be (almost officially) a junior in high school. Yeah, I may be one who enjoys deep and mature films and pondering the mysterious things in life.

BUT AIN'T NOTHING COMING BETWEEN ME AND MY FANGIRLING WITH MY ANIMATED MOVIES.

This is How To Train Your Dragon 2, people!!!

I AM SO EXCITED!

And forget what I said about this being a calm analysis.

Ok, ok, just watch this teaser and then we'll start the "what's this movie about?" guessing game.

3...2....1....go!




Ok, so first of all we need to address the fact that this sequel is- visually- going to look even more incredible than the first one, simply because of the advances in technology. I love the fact that they're keeping the same style- it just looks a little more sophisticated.

It's incredibly exciting to notice that they're bringing in more creatures from the books and extended ideas from the first film. Maybe the Berserkers or even Kamikaze's clan will be introduced in this installment.






















Get a load of this armor! Obviously, some of this stuff is flight gear, but the helmet and the shoulder pads and even the emblem says that the vikings are going to war- or have gone to war- with someone or something. It shall be interesting to find out who or what. 


Pardon my love of detail.
Also please excuse the fact that I got these caps off of the trailer on Youtube.
Also pardon the fact that the armor is reminding me of Ender's Game.

 This is probably one of my favorite things- the face that Hiccup (or someone) has developed a way to fly semi-independently. If there is any serious combat in this film, a stunt like that is going to look awesome.

It's like fighting in Null G what did I say about those Ender references


I'm actually very curious to see if Stoic will be in this one-- it's obvious that this is at least five years after the first movie, as Hiccup is older. It won't be surprising if time has aged Stoic as well. Will he be an old man? Dead? Or maybe pretty much the same. 
Also I'm expecting Berk to look different, as well. The people have clearly changed.
(WE ARE NOT EVEN GOING TO DISCUSS HICCUP'S FACE OK)
Alright. Who's excited??? And what are your guesses on the film?



7 comments:

Josiphine said...

Sooo excited! I just dragged my whole family around (and there are many of us) to watch this. VERY exciting. I hope there will be lots of Scottish accents. ;)

Stacy C said...

Heavens to Betsy! Finally! Oh my goodness, I can't wait!!!!

AAAAAAH!

Aarathyn Arvell said...

EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Hiccup looks different! And I love that armor! And the music! And did I mention the music?

Charley Robson said...

*RUNNING DEMENTEDLY IN CIRCLES BECAUSE OF AEROBATICS AND FLYING AND TOOTHELSS' PRECIOUS LITTLE FACE*

Cannot wait for this movie. Didn't see the last one until fairly late, because I was annoyed that it didn't stick at all to the books.

My mistake. I loved that movie, and I'm sure I'll love this one too.

Hannah Joy said...

My reaction in full:

"HEY! I'm sixteen and a half and I am PSYCHED for this movie, so no worries Abby!"

*trailer starts*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES YES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

*pause for breath*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

*trailer ends*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAH HE'S SO OLD!"

I. Can't. Wait. For. This. Movie. The first one is still one of my favorites. Love. Love. Love.

*fangirl freakout*

Please tell me why I am more excited for this than like any other movie for a long time. XD

reformed squirrel said...

Oh my gosh! Cool! Awesome! Totally going to see this when it comes out!

I was unaware of the sequel before today, so thanks for spreading the awesomeness around!

No guesses as to what it's about, though. :P

Almost a year? Such a long wait! :(

Yeee! The story continues! Yay!

Jack said...

I choked one my chocolate when I saw it. I squealed shamelessly and giggled and went completely fan girl. And then I saw the date and sulked. A whole year. Oh the sorrows.
BUT!!! It looks like it is going to be wonderful! And I have faith in Pixar sequels. There one of the few who can pull them off.

A war, oh, I hadn't thought of that. I was too busy geeking about Hiccups wing thingys. A war, that would be a bit fun. War with Vikings on dragons. Whoever went to war with them wouldn't be too bright, but still.

Oh, and age wise? You needn't worry. I'm considered an adult and I get more excited about animated movies than adult ones. So you aren't alone in your love for animated films.