Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Season 5: aka how I died

Sorry that this is my blog introduction for Merlin.

My sibs and I (and EFC) watched the last four episodes of BBC's Merlin tonight.

I got my fangirl on, drastically so. There was screaming, crying, screeching, blubbering, muttering, garbled protests, song parodies, shakespeare, and general mayhem and utter devastation.

Here are some of the texts I sent to Pathfinder during the course of our epic tragedy:

"THIS PLOT IS KILLING ME IT'S STARTING TO BE WELL WRITTEN BUT IT'S STILL PAINFUL YAGHAAAAST"

"Wow Mordred went from cuddly Greek panda to ruthless killer in 0.683 seconds."

"*ENDLESS SCREECH OF TERROR*"

"MOSES.....EMRYS....MOSES.....EMRYS..."

"The awkward moment when Arthur's speech becomes hijacked by us reciting Shakespeare and me singing We Are Young"

"If Merlin cries, I am cries"

***

We also created a parody of Proud To Be An American, quite spontaneously during the episodes.

*deep breath*

And I'm proud to be an Arthurian
Where we hate the BBC
And we won't forget the men who died
who took my feels from me
and we gladly fangirl! over them
and reblog them still today
cause there ain't no doubt I love this show
But we hate
THE BBC


I'm sorry, if you aren't acquainted with Merlin this will be beyond you and I'm very sorry. I will endeavor to be more coherent on my next post. 

This has been a traumatized tv-show induced post.

UPDATE: It is a new life goal of mine to go to England, stand in front of the BBC office, and sing "Cold As Ice" at the building. And get it on video of course.

6 comments:

Pathfinder said...

She's not exaggerating with those texts, either. They are word for word, still sitting in my inbox.

Holey cheeze-itz.
THAT IS PERFECT

Josiphine said...

Oh man, the end of Merlin. *begins to cry again*

My sister and I will hate the BBC with you.

Aarathyn Arvell said...

*sobs* The end of Merlin is sooo sad! They should make a movie of when Arthur comes back in present time!

Jack said...

I am on series two of Merlin, but I ran into so many spoilers I know just about every one in the show, including how it ends. I am still sulking over it and I've yet to actually see it. I plan to try and bury my sorrows in tea and chocolate while I watch.

That BBC song...that is brilliant. I am going to have to start singing it from now on, because it fits my life so well at this moment.

Hannah Joy said...

AGH! The BBC is so heartless! I have not seen Merlin, but I do know what happens and have watched other BBC shows. THOSE PEOPLE JUST LOVE TO TORMENT POOR UNASSUMING FANGIRLS.

By the way, we are back safely after a very long car ride and I will email you soon with the promised videos and stuffness. ;-)

Kismint said...

I'm reading this just now because I finally finished Merlin...

gah...the ending...the last...five...seconds...were...AMAZINGLYAWFULBUTFABULOUSLYBEAUTIFULINATERIBLESADSORTOFWAY.

*sob*