Friday, October 25, 2013

An Actual Writing Post! Short, But A Writing Post

I've been bitten by the editing bug!

One of the best things a writer can do is find other people that love the craft. Bouncing your work and ideas off of other people is so stimulating for my brain, as is reading other people's work. No better way to revive half-dead, unfinished stories.

Here's what my notes look like right now, thanks to other people that have been kind enough to read my work and give my their opinions:

And Then I Lived: explain powers and voice in more depth. perhaps the woman he saves at the end is his mother?

The Clerks of Chesney Street: ballistics, not bullet analysis. Have Terence try and shield his wife from seeing Julian

Shadow Puppets: change telephone to radio

I think I love the editing stage better than the initial writing process. Because most of your ideas are already out on the page, and you get to make them better, see them grow and improve. Right now, I'm gearing up to open these old projects again and whip 'em into some semblance of coherency.

What's your favorite part of the writing process? And how is writing going for you these days?



2 comments:

Hannah Joy said...

Woot for like-minded people! I know I always need them for my writing escapades. ;-)

As for me, writing has been going slowly but surely....sort of... and I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year, so that's all well and good.

Liz Hericks said...

First of all, congrats on first place! (referring to your script-writing thingy). Exciting.

I haven't exactly finished writing a book or story, so I'm not sure. I like it when you are writing and you don't want to stop writing because you are flowing words onto paper (or document).

This month is NaNoWriMo and I'm doing it with the amastic Hannah Joy...and her sister. I currently have 17k words. *pumps fist* But Hannah is still ahead. ;-) I'm sure she will write over 50,000 words by the end of the month.