Wednesday, October 2, 2013

You ask, I deliver. The Price Of Tea In China

Remember this?





















Yup. 



I hope you 6 are happy now. 


"Chinese tea is a beverage from the leaves of tea plants (Camellia sinensis) boiled with water, which are ordinarily used for tea in China. Tea leaves are processed using traditional Chinese methods. The Chinese drink tea throughout the day, including during meals, as a substitute for plain water for health or simple pleasure."(courtesy of wikepedia.com)

While not a huge tea drinker myself, the vast majority of my acquaintances are. Tea is a common commodity, a soothing drink for any time of day. But what does this beverage cost, particularly in its country of origin? 

I did a little research, because that's how much I love my followers. 



According to TeaShore.com, these Oolong teas range from $15.90 to $20.90, and the premium teas are somewhere in the ballpark of $32. 

Maybe you're not an Oolong person, though. Is Green Tea more your thing? Bi Luo Chun Green Tea is $17.90 for 3.5oz. 

Also, Dragonwell Green Tea, hailing from the Zhejiang Province, is $10.20 for 2oz. 

The currency exchange from US dollars to Chinese yuan is: $1 = 6.12 Yuan. 

So, do a little math, and the average cost for our limited samples of tea, in Yuan, is 118.61.

"Now what's all this got to do with the price of tea in China?" you may ask. 

And with a straight face, I tell you. 

Everything. 

5 comments:

Pathfinder said...

Chinese tea is epic.
I got some for Christmas from my uncle, and there's a Chinese intern that works with my dad and happens to share a name with me, and she gave me a whole 'snack sized' plastic bag of legitimate Chinese green tea. I tell you, that is some of the best stuff ever.

until you drop your phone in it

Jess said...

Now this is what I call a true democracy. Even the minority gets a say in things. Thank you for paying attention to our needs and desires.

Hannah Joy said...

Ah yes. Now I am informed.

Aarathyn Arvell said...

Perfect. Just what I wanted to hear! I knew you'd make a post about it!

Slippers said...

This was pretty much just epic Abby. Bravo!