Monday, April 7, 2014

Back To Screenwriting

Five years is too long to go without making a movie.

So, this summer, Lord willing, I'm going to throw together my first real short. It's an adaptation of a work of fiction by a beloved author: G. K. Chesterton.

And I can't try to sound serious and professional anymore I'm eating tater tots as I type this for crying out loud.

Ok so I adapted the first chapter of The Man Who Was Thursday by good old G. K. into a short film set in the present time while still preserving the early-1900s air. Visually, it will look almost as if the characters are rehearsing a period play in full costume in a contemporary cafe. It's going to be so weird I can't WAIT.

Almost all of the dialogue is straight out of the chapter. I think it would make an intriguing short, and it's a way to personally celebrate an author I have recently been delighting in, from taking notes on Heretics late at night to doing dramatic play readings with friends over skype.

Want a preview? Ok here's a preview.




Do you guys understand that this means?I'll have something serious to blog about all summer! If it happens! And I think it's gonna happen. Alright. Update over. I'm going to go finish my tater tots now.  

10 comments:

Marian said...

Aaah, I loved this book, and this looks fantastic! Good luck and be sure to keep us updated =)

Jake said...

*wild applause* This'll be fantastic.

I look forward to seeing more. Let me know if you need a voiceover or something. ;)

Kismint said...

AGH NOW I'M ALL EXCITED...*throws confetti in wild burst of gladness*

Ahhh...I've missed you! :)

Jess said...

XD I laughed out loud at the tater tots. It is really impossible to be serious whilst consuming tater tots.

But. This. Is. AWESOME. I can't wait!

Hannah Joy said...

Yusssssssss awesome! I can't wait.

And tater tots, dude I am jealous. I really like tater tots. I want to eat them right now.

Gee thanks, you got me craving them. ;-)

Anyway, good to see you back on here! I was just complaining to myself about how none of my favorite bloggers have posted lately, so this was a nice surprise.

Jack said...

This is exciting news! Will you be able to share the movie when you are done? I'd love to see it!
I hope it all goes well for you and you have lots of fun!

Charley Robson said...

Wow, exciting stuff! Best of luck :D

Farjag said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished product, TD! Keep me in the loop!

reformed squirrel said...

Yay!!! You're back!!!

Cool project idea! Hope it goes well!

Skyline Spirit said...

pretty nice blog, following :)